THANK YOU FOR COMING TO THIS PAGE !
Every amount, however small or large, one-off, or repeated – is so very welcome as the parish is entirely dependent on the offerings of the faithful for covering the running costs of the parish including priest’s flights etc. We are also in need of bigger premises and have created a building fund specifically for donations toward new premises…
You can see our need for space in this three minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4l4HknPHNM&ab_channel=patmcbridepatmcbride
See also our Topical News for more detail on the subject by clicking HERE.
You can donate ONLINE – one off or monthly – to our BUILDING FUND by using the Just Giving link by clicking HERE.
Donors will be commemorated in prayer.
Traditional ways of donating:
You can make donations for ongoing parish expenses, or you can donate for specific uses by writing on the back of a cheque or postal order, by including a ‘reference’ with your bank transfer or by donating at church with an envelope marked:
- “Building Fund” donations will be used exclusively toward building related costs – such as would be incurred if we got more suitable premises.
- “Pilgrimage” Donations marked “Pilgrimage” will be used towards the cost of the pilgrimage, so bringing the cost down for everyone. This is a good option if you would like to go but cannot – at least you are helping other people to go!
- “Support” donations will be going towards helping individuals who would like to go on our pilgrimage, but are not able to afford it, to be able to go. This fund will be joined with the “Pilgrimage”fund if there is anything left over in it at the beginning of the pilgrimage.
- “Emergency” donations will be used to help people in the parish or visitors to the parish who have an acute financial emergency.
Ways of donating: at present you can donate to us in these three traditional ways:
- In person at the church: during, before, or after any Service
By bank transfer. We have been advised to remove our bank details from the website for safety reasons. Please send a little email to Johanna’s email address: email@example.com and she will send you the bank details. Many thanks for your understanding!
- By cheque or postal order. You can send a cheque or postal order, made out to: ‘Orthodox Church of Saint John’ to our postal address: 4 Ashfield Drive, Belfast BT15 3FT, Northern Ireland.
You can also donate at no cost to yourself as set out below.
Many many many thanks!
May God bless you and may St John of Shanghai pray for you.
Donating at no cost to yourself:
If you shop at amazon.co.uk, you can now opt to let Amazon give 0.5% of your purchase price to The Orthodox Church of St. John of Shanghai at no cost to yourself simply by conducting your purchase through amazonsmile. Once you have chosen The Orthodox Church of St. John of Shanghai as your preferred charity, any future purchases you conduct through amazonsmile will automatically credit us with 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible items.
PLEASE CLICK HERE to facilitate this free way of donating.
N.B.: As we are a charitable organisation which falls under the general umbrella term of “advancement of religion” in the Charity Commission of Northern Ireland, this is quoted on the amazon smile page, even though we are not aiming for a general advancement of religion, but of Orthodoxy instead.
May God bless you and may St John pray for you!
NB PILRGIMAGE PAYMENTS:
Deposit: please mark “IPD”
Payment before 1 May: Please mark: “2nd payment”
Payment before 1 July: Please mark “final payment”
please ask for parish bank details by email (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)